Sunday, 2 January 2011

The first reviews

Things have been trundling on as far as Before I Go to Sleep is concerned, but there's not that much to talk about. I have been invited to two very special, very exciting events, but unfortunately you'll just have to trust me on that, as I'm not (yet) allowed to say what they are. I know this is tremendously annoying and probably makes me seem like a bit of a tease (and probably far too cocky for my own good - both of which might be true) but I really can't say until everything's finalised. Of course, when it is, I'll post all about it on here. 

What else? I've been very excited by Before I Go to Sleep's first couple of reviews on Amazon. They're through the 'Vine' programme and are very pleasing - not only because they've both been glowing but also because they're both really well considered and I think describe the book very nicely. I think that's going to be one of the nerve-wracking aspects of the year ahead - seeing my book reviewed. I'm not naive enough to think that everybody's going to love it. As long as some people do then I shall be happy, but I wonder how I shall react when I read a write-up from someone who doesn't like it. I don't suppose it can be easy - seeing something you've worked so hard on held up to scrutiny and found to be lacking - but it's all part of the process.

Finally, I'm a day late, but happy New Year everybody!

No comments: