Thursday, 16 February 2012

Number one, again, and number 10!

On Tuesday I had the news that this week Before I Go to Sleep will spend it's sixth week at the top of the Sunday Times paperback charts here in the UK! Apparently this is the longest unbroken run at number one in over 5 years! Once again I'd like to thank everyone who's bought and enjoyed the book - it really means a lot to me. What made it particularly special was that on the same day I also saw someone sitting opposite me on the underground, reading the book. A long time ago, when I first found out it was going to be published, I had a think about what 'success' would look like, and I decided it would be when I saw someone, a stranger, reading the book. In my head it was always on a train, so that moment in particular felt like a dream come true.

And then, last night, I heard that the book has debuted on the New York Times paperback bestseller list at number 10! Pheonomenal....!


Daisy said...

Yesterday morning I bought BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP in the Boston, MA airport (USA). I so entangled in the story that I didn't want to put it down when my flight was over. After I got home I finished and have already recommended it to a few people and pinned it on Pinterest. Love love loved it and I will be watching for your next book!

autumnmiss said...

excellent news, everyone should have a dream come true.
Absolutely loved the book, whens the next one due?


Anonymous said...

Bought the book and could not put it down. I read it straight for two days. The twists and plot was amazing. definately recommend this book!!