Tuesday, 5 July 2011

The Greek Jacket!

Before I Go to Sleep has been published in Greece, where it'd called "Amnesia" and looks like this. I think it's another splendid image - I've said it before but I'm delighted with all the jackets that the book has around the world. I'm pretty happy with the way my name looks in Greek, too. At least I presume that's my name...


Anonymous said...

Hi! I heard this books was translated to other languages, is Chinese one of them? I would like to get one for my mum but she only understand Chinese. Hope you can help me. I read this book and loved every bit of it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, look, here's my book!

So, here's the story: 3 days ago I got on a ferry to go to Andros (it's a greek island, very nice, you should visit sometime). There's always a little shop inside greek ferries which is usually filled with hideous souvenirs, outdated perfumes, gossip magazines and a few (usually terrible) books. There was Amnesia, among chick flicks and badly written thrillers.
Since I always carry around a book, I was frustrated that I left my previous one at home.
So, after mocking Amnesia with my friends - assuming it will be as bad as the coffee in the ferry canteen - I bought it.
Well. The friends I just mentioned, and all the other friends waiting for me at the island, absolutely hated me. Isolated all the time, I wouldn't talk with anyone, I just kept reading and reading like a maniac: at the breakfast in the hotel, at the beach, at restaurants and, of course, before I go to sleep. I just - please allow me the cliche - couldn't put it down. I finished it in less that 48 hours. Since then I cannot stop thinking about it and I recommend it to everyone I know.
Thank you so much for such an unexpected reading experience.

Your #1 Greek fan,


S J Watson said...

Anon 1 - Yes - the book will be available in Chinese, though the translation isn't published yet to my knowledge.

To E - thank you! What a lovely message! I do hope your friends forgave you!