Tuesday, 6 December 2011

Some photos

 I just thought I'd share a few photos. Here I am being filmed for the Galaxy Book Awards, at this point still unaware that Before I Go to Sleep had won Crime/Thriller of the year. A pretty bizarre experience, particularly as we then headed off to the streets of Shoreditch to film some outdoor shots. 'Just look at the trees,' they said. 'As if seeking inspiration.' I did my best...

Actually it was much less painful than I might have imagined, thanks mostly to the great team who were filming me. I used to hate having my photo taken, and liked being on 'video' (does anyone still call it that?) even less. So this is a photo I never dreamt I'd see...
And then here's me in Hampstead Waterstones with Decca Aitkenhead. We did an interview together in front of a small audience of Grazia readers, for their book club. It was a huge amount of fun.



 And here I am at the literary salon in Shoretich, hosted by the wonderful Damian Barr. I was sharing the stage with Liz Hoggard and DBC Pierre, who read a new story, so was pretty nervous. But it was a great crowd and I enjoyed the evening hugely. As you can see in the particularly flattering photo on the left.
So that's (some of) what I've been up to...

No comments: