Tuesday, 2 November 2010

Some lovely responses!

What an exciting day! Some authors have read Before I Go to Sleep and told us what they think of it - and I am pretty happy!

Joanne Harris, author of Chocolat and BlueEyedBoy, has said "Thrillers seldom come much better than this."

Sophie Hannah Jones author of Little Face and The Point of Rescue has said, "Oh my God! I loved it! So high-concept, so ambitious and so structurally brilliant. It's so rare to read a thriller that's perfect in every detail, but this one definitely qualifies!"

Lionel Shriver, author of the wonderful We Need to Talk About Kevin, has said the book is "'A deft, perceptive exploration of a fascinating neurological condition, and a cracking good thriller."

Tess Gerritsen, author of the Rizzoli and Isles series as well as a whole heap of bestselling novels, has described the book as "Simply the best debut novel I have ever read."

And now today, Dennis Lehane, amazing author of Shutter Island and Mystic River, has said the book is "An exceptional thriller. It left my nerves jangling for hours after I finished the last page."

Wow. SJ Watson, author of Before I Go to Sleep, says "Blimey!"


Arlee Bird said...

This is very excellent and quite impressive. Congratulations. You have to be walking on air, or feeling a little like it at least.

Tossing It Out

S J Watson said...

I am indeed Lee! Thank you!


DEZMOND said...

S.J. thanks for visiting HOLLYWOOD SPY yesterday. I hope you liked the post on the film adaptation of your book :)
Please keep us posted on the film project so that HOLLYWOOD SPY could follow the production.

And I also hope I will do justice to BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP, since I'm translating it for the readers in Serbia ;) I will start working on it next week.

S J Watson said...

Thank YOU (in advance) for all the hard work you'll no doubt be doing on my book!