Tuesday, 8 February 2011

The Theakstons Crime Writing Festival

I can now reveal that I've been invited to the Theakston's Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival. For those that don't know, this is an annual event held in Harrogate in North Yorkshire, England. The venue for the festival is in fact The Old Swan Hotel, which is where Agatha Christie was found following her (still largely unexplained) 'disappearance' in 1926. I'll be appearing on Saturday 23rd July at midday, during  the 'New Blood' panel, which is chaired by Val McDermid Alongside me will be Julia CrouchGordon Ferris and Melanie McGrath. I can't wait!




The 2011 Programming Committee: (l-r) my Selina Walker, NJ Cooper, Dreda Say Mitchell (Chair), Simon Theakston (title sponsor), Jane Gregory, Mark Billingham, Martyn Waites


In many ways Before I Go to Sleep isn't a conventional crime novel (though there are so many different types of crime novel I'm not entirely sure I know what a 'conventional crime novel' is), so I'm particularly looking forward to meeting fans of crime fiction and hearing what they make of it!

No comments: